One of the things I absolutely love is to make cookies with my nieces. I would say with my kids, but they have grown up and don’t find me nearly as exciting anymore. While the girls weren’t here this weekend, this Easy Easter Cookie recipe is one that you can do with kids of any ages.
This recipe doesn’t call for a lot. Just a few quick things from your local grocery store. Sugar Cookie mix, one egg, a stick of unsalted room temperature butter and some pastel colored M&Ms.
After mixing the dough I split them into two bowls. I used my cookie scooper but using two teaspoons will work just as fine as these drop cookies don’t need to be perfect. I placed each of the m&ms one by one into the dough and then baked them on 375 for 9-10 mins.
After baking the cookies will look a little puffy. It’s fine. Leave the cookies on the baking sheet (lined with parchment paper if possible). The cookies will spread and deflate slightly. After the cookies have completely cooled place them on a pretty platter or eat them off the baking sheet! Either way, these Easter cookies are sure to be ENJOYED!
- Package of Store bought Sugar Cookie Dough
- Stick of Butter
- Non-Peanut M&Ms (pastel)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Add package of sugar cookie mix, butter and eggs to mixer
- Mix until it all comes together to form a complete dough
- Split the dough into two bowls
- Scope out cookie dough and add M&Ms one by one
- Add sprinkles to the remaining dough (or use it all for M&Ms)
- Bake for 7-10 mins until golden around the edgs
- Allow to cool completely before eating