As a pastry chef, I absolutely love coming up with new and special desserts. I love playing with a base vanilla cupcake and frosting recipe and then adding things to enhance the flavor. As a mom, I remember baking with kids and while they only seemed to want to lick the spoon when it was all said and done, I do kind of miss those smiling faces in the kitchen with me.
Would you like to spend some time in the kitchen making a delicious homemade vanilla cupcake recipe with a super yummy frosting, that’s not out of a can! Then buckle up mamas, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you!
Let’s Make the Batter
First, we need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Be mindful that various altitudes or oven hot spots may have an impact on your baking time. But for most home ovens no adjustments will need to be made.
Combine dry ingredients measure out the cake and all-purpose flours, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Mix with a fork or spoon to combine.
Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add eggs on at a time beating until blended after each addition.
Stir in vanilla.
Gradually add the dry ingredients Alternating with adding milk.
Beat until blended.
Place 24 baking liners of your choice into cupcake or muffin pan. Spoon batter into cups inside the cups, filling them 2/3 of the way full. Remember we want to leave room for the cupcakes to rise in the oven!
Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pans (to stop the baking process) and allow to cool on wire racks or countertops.
Let cool completely before adding frosting. You can use any of these recipes or try out this KIT Buttercream Frosting.
These delicious from scratch vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- (and buttercream frosting)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each
- Add vanilla
- Mix the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add them to the batter alternating with the milk.
- Mix until fully blended
- Place 24 baking cups in muffin/cupcake pans.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 min until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack or cool countertop.
- Mix softened butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and milk alternately
- Beat on low speed until fully blended and smooth.