Doing in-person classes have always been a favorite past time of mine. I love doing summer classes when school is out so this June I’ll be offering classes online and in person.
Online Kid/Tween/Teen Classes:
Ages 5-10 Beginning decorating students will spend approx 60 mins with me in a virtual classroom on Outschool.com
Ages 11-16 Beginning decorating students will spend 75 mins with me in a virtual classroom on Outschool.com
Ages 10-18 Beginning decorating students will spend a total of 8 sessions with me learning the basics of cupcake and cake decorating. Students will be able to create delicious decorative cakes by the end of our sessions on Outschool.com
All of the materials for these classes can be found in my amazon store
In Person Kid/Family Classes (Atlanta area only)
Family Picnic Themed Cookie Decorating June 29, 2019 1pm-3pm
Teen Summer Classes
Beginner’s Cookie Decorating Classes
3.5 hour Basics of starting a cookie decorating business course includes recipes, in class decorating practice and practical tips from Chef Kimberly on launching a cookie decorating business.
- 1 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Slowly add flour and continue beating just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper (using rolling pin).
- Place in freezer to chill (10-15 mins)
- Once chilled, cut into shapes using cookie cutters working quickly so that the the dough remains chilled.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9.5-10 mins util slightly brown on edges.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 mins, then transfer to cookie cooling rack for at least 30 -60 min before icing.